Friday, December 19, 2014

Beauty tip from airlines?

Rule #4


Do you ever feel like the crazy lady in frame one of this pic?  I do!  I'm running around all the time trying to do things for the kids, my husband, my job, etc. Just like frame 1, I don't smoke and I think that pic next to it is a watch showing that I am always running late. I get so frustrated and wound up that I start shaking and throwing yellow Tupperware containers, especially when my kids roll their eyes at me. 
At least that's what I see when I look at that picture. As we all know it's showing what to do in case of a loss of cabin pressure. Air masks will drop from the panel above.  If traveling with young children, please place the mask on yourself first before helping others...zzzz.  See I think I never got the wisdom of that before cause I was always asleep during the safety spiel. 
But there is wisdom there. If only we would take a little time for ourselves - to rest, relax and restore our sanity, think how much calmer our family and work like would be.  Refilling our mental energy stores allows us to help those around us and protects them from having to dodge incoming Tupperware!  So Rule #4 take time each day to do something for you. It's not selfish - it could save a life!

1 comment:

  1. You are like the center of a wheel and the wheel goes nowhere without you. Merry Christmas, girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!