Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Two Changes For Perfect Three Minute Everyday Eye Makeup

 How does a busy mom with little makeup experience put on eye makeup?  Hurriedly and usually with lots of interruptions, right?
Wake up, shower, get dressed, put on makeup, pour coffee in go mug and race out the door.  That is my usual morning routine. Sure some mornings you can add fun variables like hunt for keys while cursing under my breath, pull clothes out of dryer like crazy woman looking for something clean, etc. but you get the idea.  But I have found two routine change ups that have made my morning easier - and no this is not going to be anything do your laundry more often, set stuff up the night before or whatever.  These are two things I actually do!

Flip flop one is an obvious one - drink the coffee before putting on makeup!  Seriously I drop more makeup and poke myself in the eye more times than I'd care to count!  Drink the coffee first!

Second one works even for natural morning people - Put Your Mascara On Before You Put On Eye Shadow.  Yep, I capitalized it cause it was that revolutionary to me.  I can't tell you the number of times I have my makeup done and am just putting on the mascara and boom, I smack myself in the eyelid or eyebrow with the mascara wand. Then I'm smearing it off along with the makeup I just put on.  No more! Put your liner on first, then mascara, then shadow!

So let's talk 3 minute eye makeup:

Step 1: Make sure you put primer on your eyes when you are putting it on your face. 

Step 2: Line the upper eye lid. Pick a color that works and isn't too harsh for day. I personally find black a little too much for daytime for me.  I prefer a dark blue or brown. If I'm feeling particularly wild I might go for a plum or green.  Yep, that's me going wild!

Step 3: Put on your mascara.  Pick one that gives you volume and lengthening. This helps your eyes stand out and makes you look more alert!  (Step 3b is wipe off any mistakes before you put on the eye shadow.)

Step 4: Use two fairly neutral eye shadow colors - one light and one a little darker.  I'm a fan of matte especially for daytime looks. It's much, much, much more forgiving. Sweep the light shade across the lid.  Take the darker one and press it into the crease and then down to the lid on the outside corner.  Blend well.  See how it works in this pic?  Super easy, super fast!

Then refill that coffee cup and go!




1 comment:

  1. Any tips for disappearing eye lids? I've always been a bit heavy-lidded and that only gets worse as I age.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!